Wednesday, September 10, 2014

PR WITHOUT ANWAR IBRAHIM... FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE?

Limit.
There is a limit to everything.
There is even a limit to constitutional right to freedom of expression.

On the road, a user could face several possibilities, should limit (speed), is deliberately or blatantly ignored.
  1. His/her vehicle could be caught on camera for speeding.
  2. He/she could be involved in a road accident. Lucky - Light/no injury. Unlucky - Fatal/permanent disability (vegetable).
On the social media, an account owner could face couple of threats, for his/her irresponsible posting(s).
  1. He/she could be probed under the Sedition Act or any other act deem fit. Lucky - Only a fine. Unlucky - Fine and behind bars.
  2. He/she could face libel suit(s). Lucky - Escaped on technicality. Unlucky - A huge compensation amount. 
Thus, in any of the situations, a user must be responsible for the consequences of his/her actions. The choice is always ours. To be a reckless user or a prudent user.

I mention these (again), as the amount of bigotry remarks targeted to quarters in the Selangor political crisis are getting more rampant and "daring". 

Anyway, couple of my friends were appalled tonight when TV3 prime news at 8PM reported that Prime Minister DS Najib reveals that DS Anwar was in fact the one who proposed to implement GST (Goods Service Tax) way back in 1992, when he was the finance minister of Malaysia.

As we were at a Mamak restaurant, I immediately made a post on my Twitter (via my smart phone) about it, tagging Anwar and PM Najib. I wrote on the insistence of a friend if there would be any reaction to the report.

For those with "privileged" information, such revelation by PM Najib came as no surprise. I can "feel" that the number of "staunched" supporters of Anwar (including myself) are now "distancing" themselves day by day, especially, after the implementation of the Kajang Move, which many claimed as being the root to Selangor's current political turmoil.

As most (if not all) of my friends on social media are supporters/party members of PR (People's Pact) component parties, my articles critical of Anwar don't go down well with them.

Some have even un-friend-ed  me, but it's perfectly okay with me. I have indicated before that my criticisms of PKR and even PR would not make me an Umno. My spirit is still ABU (Anything But Umno), but at the same time, I'm beginning to see action(s) by Anwar is/are less than people oriented (that's my personal view).

Kajang Move for instance, I have personally "objected" from the day of its inception and made public, and to a certain extent, my predictions now bear reality in Selangor.

I would also say it as unwise, to action(s) of influencing the youth to "go against" the palace, just to drive home a point. If left unchecked, it would become a phenomenon detrimental to unity and harmony.

With Anwar's own political future increasingly blurred (with his sodomy conviction), it's time that PR is not dependent on his "strength" to continue offering Malaysians an alternative coalition.

I may be wrong, but time would tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment